Check out the video explaining everything HERE
With the new instructions for the re-opening of Virginia, we are not able to use more than half of the capacity of our building. In light of this we want to get an idea of who is planning to attend services this week. If you don’t feel comfortable coming because of your health situation, or you just want to be careful, that is fine. We want to trust in God, while also being wise in this time.
Therefore, if you would please let us know if you plan to attend this Sunday service, please send an email with your name and how many people are in your family that will be attending By This Friday, May 15, 2020.
We are going to use these responses to know if we need to have sign ups for services or accommodate for overflow. The total number of people we can have in the sanctuary depends on how many people from each family will attend since family members may all sit in the same pew, but single people will need to sit six feet apart.
The Elders and deacons met last night to discuss our plans for reopening. Below are the steps we are taking to both cooperate with the guidelines given and also to care for everyone who may attend. Based on this Sunday’s experience, we may alter some of these plans.
Phase-1 Plan for Reopening:
- Service will be as normal as possible.
- No Children’s ministry, or nursery, or Sunday School.
- Kids sit with their own family.
- Use sanctuary door for entry and exit, propped open. All other doors locked. Please come in and stay in your pew.
- Prepackaged communion elements will be on a table outside the front door.
- Only the upstairs bathrooms available for use.
- One family per pew, two couples, or 3 singles.
- Every other pew in use. 11 total. We will block rows not in use.
- Practice physical distancing: Maintain 6’, No hugging, or shaking hands.
- Please wear face masks.
- Sanctuary windows will be open for airflow.
- We will be cleaning and sanitizing the building before and after the service. We will also have hand sanitizing stations in the entrance to the building and outside the restrooms.
- We encourage anyone who has been sick to stay home. Facebook live will still be as normal.
- Please exit the building immediately after the service and fellowship outdoors. Ushers will dismiss by rows.